Asynchronous ORM

Yep it works in the sense of “mimic”-ing the supposed async orm, so I don’t need to type sync_to_async every line, and since it uses threads, it won’t be firing asyncio at full power sadly.

Speaking of the nomenclature. Altho the functionality is what matters for most, but I also care if the code “look good” or not (maybe it’s a me thing, no wonder I can spend 1 hour naming just 1 method) The rating from best to worse for me is:

• Model.aobjects.get() but that may implies the need of 2 model managers which might not be backward compatible at all. EDIT: even if using aget the need to override aget is still needed, either of these options will require overriding the async method to make it work. So this may be the best option imo.
  • Model.objects.aget() should have good backward compatibility, and the least annoying out of all the prefix and suffix out there, which looks a little uglier on aall() and acount().
  • Model.objects.a.get() should be okay aswell, but I would prefer that all the methods (sync and async ones) are in the same level, hence no dots (.).
  • Model.objects.async_get() Kinda long and ugly.
  • Model.objects.get_async() Maybe uglier.

Will look forward the results of it tho. Is it realistic to expect the async ORM to come in 4.0 or 4.1 ?