Automatically "Open In New Tab" for Django forum posts?

I know this Django forum site was made using another platform, so I’m not sure if this is possible (or simple enough to be worth it), but if it is a simple settings change or similar, I’d like to propose that we update the default settings so that links on forum posts automatically open in a new tab.

I bring it up because (probably more than) half the time I forget to right-click and open in a new tab when I’m reading posts and clicking on forum links so it changes the page I’m on and I have to go back and then right-click to open in new tab instead. Since many forum posts have a lot of helpful links, I’ve noticed it more and more.

This doesn’t really matter (and maybe it’s just me anyway :sweat_smile:) and I don’t think anyone would not use the forum because of something so silly but wanted to throw it out there as a suggestion if easy

1 Like

According to Discourse links not opening in new tabs - #4 by codinghorror - feature - Discourse Meta - it’s an available feature for external links but not internal links. (For external links, it on your profile page, under “Preferences” / “interface”.)

1 Like

Just fyi, I use this method, too. Ctrl+click works well for me, avoiding the right-click.

1 Like