Hey there, Django enthusiasts and developers!
We’ve all been there—accidentally deleting a database record and then scrambling to recover it. Or perhaps you’ve needed to keep “deleted” records for auditing or historical purposes.
I’ve just published a guide on implementing soft delete functionality in Django using the Django-SafeDelete package. This third-party package allows you to mark records as deleted without actually removing them from your database.
- What soft delete is and why you might need it.
- How to install and set up Django-SafeDelete in your project.
- Customizing deletion policies for your specific needs.
- Querying soft-deleted objects with ease.
- Save Time: No need to write custom code for soft delete functionality.
- Enhance Data Integrity: Keep your deleted records for auditing or historical data.
- Easy Recovery: Easily undo delete operations when needed.