Cannot Render a dictionary object

I am trying to render the ret variable so that I can access it in a template. I am unable to in the code below and I am struggling to resolve. Any assistance would be appreciated.

It looks like it is because I cannot access it as it is in the function?

From the part of the code you are posting, there are a couple of if conditions before the ret variable is defined. Therefore, it is possible that the ret variable is never defined, and then you try to use it (return it). One case this can happen, is when the request method is GET.

As a side note here, in the future, please do not post images of code. They’re hard to read on many devices, and they can’t be quoted or referenced in replies to highlight issues with the code.
Copy/paste your code into your message, surrounded by lines of three backtick - ` characters. That means you’ll have a line of ```, then your code, then another line of ```. This forces the forum software to keep your code properly formatted, which is critical with Python. You should also use this technique when posting templates, html, error messages, or pretty much any code-related text.