How can buid binary referral user registeration website by django

I start study django now,
My intentional project is to build binary mlm website by django.
I not see some reference about this project by django
it is very rare open source for this project
Can you suggest me tips of how can use django for this project
Thanks

Have you worked your way through either (or both) of the Official Django Tutorial, or the Django Girls Tutorial? If you haven’t, that’s the place to start. Either (or both) of them are going to provide some very important foundational knowledge on how Django works.

The next question would be to ask how much general software development and web development experience you have.

The important thing to remember here is that Django is not WordPress, Drupal, LifeRay, etc. It’s much more a developer’s toolkit.

If that’s what you’re looking for, great, we’re here to help you along. But that also implies that you should have a pretty detailed understanding of what it is you’re trying to achieve. You should know what data you need to collect and process, and what the flow of data is going to be through your system.

1 Like

Hi Ken, thanks for your quick reply. I am a biologist and would like to further my education in the field of bioinformatics, using Python. At the same time, as a hobby, I create websites using Drupal or Wordpress - I program a little PHP, but this is on a hobby level - just enough to customize a WP or Drupal installation, for example… I would like to go deeper into Python; my first project will be a small website. I have no knowledge in software or professional website development - but would like to learn this. This first goal, a small website, would be just an attempt to understand how Django works in principle… basically exactly what the Tuts will teach… i think the “Django Girls” tut is just right… can you still give me a hint how to get a later (local) Django page online? I would like to develop my website online, not in a virtual local environment. Or is this mentioned there? Do you have any recommendation for a hoster? Thanks a lot!

No, you really don’t want to do that. Deployment of a Django site can be one of the most intricate processes you’ll need to deal with.

Generally speaking, you want to proceed in small steps when you’re first starting out. The more different issues you try and tackle at once, the more difficult it is to really understand what’s going on - or to find the mistakes being made along the way.

I know there are a lot of people who like Heroku - I’ve never used it myself. Personally, I’ve never found a “hosting” service satisfactory for my needs. My sites end up being deployed either on a host like a Linode or AWS server or on self-provisioned equipment.

ok, you would advise me to develop a Django site on a local server, right? So the goal would be to get the site running locally and then go online with it? Why is it difficult to get a Django site online? Is there a good guide on this? Dont get me wrong - im sure, I dont get it right, but to me it sounds like you’re saying: have fun with your local website but don’t dare to get it online - thats too difficult?!

Or even better, on your local workstation. More than 90% of my development is done on my laptops.

As I pointed out in the two provided links - among other such discussions here - Django is not Drupal. You don’t just “install Django and your site is up and running”. You could use Django to build something like Drupal, but it is not Drupal. (If you want something that is “closer” to Drupal, you can take a look at the CMSs available for Django - Wagtail and Django CMS appear to be the two most popular. But they’re still not Drupal - you’re still working at a lower level of the web stack.)

When you’re building your Django application, it’s not running while you’re changing your code. Your cycle is “Write code, test code, repeat.” If you’re testing it by looking at the results in the browser, you’re restarting the server each time the code changes.

If you want an analogy, Drupal is a manufactured house. You get to equip it, paint it, put it in your desired location, and then use it. But you’re not building the house.
With Django, you’re starting out with lumber and nails. The rest is up to you. (And if you’re building a “manufactured house”, it’s a lot easier to do that construction in your factory - your laptop - than on site in your production server.

There are a handful of different reasons for this, but in essence, it starts from the fundamental differences between how PHP works in an web-based environment and how Python does the same. I’m not going to get into it any deeper than that here - but I’m sure some digging would reveal articles on that.

No, I’m not saying that at all. What I am saying is that learning how to build a web application in Django can be difficult. You are likely to encounter things you don’t understand along the way, and diagnosing the issues associated with that can be frustrating.
Likewise, deploying a Django application into a production environment can also be difficult. You are likely to encounter things you don’t understand along the way, and diagnosing the issues associated with that can also be frustrating.
Doing both at the same time, when you’re not comfortable with either, puts you into the position where, when you encounter an issue, of not knowing in which of those two areas the problem may lie. This makes it twice as difficult to find and fix problems.

If you want to try putting it online (Heroku) django-simple-deploy really helps the first times