How to merge two model in a signal from?

I want to merge two model in a signal from which I am using for update my blog post. here is my code:

models.py

class Post(models.Model):
          title = models.CharField(max_length=300,unique=True,error_messages={'unique':"This title already exists. Please use different title"})
          author = models.ForeignKey(User, on_delete=models.CASCADE)

class HeaderImage(models.Model): 
      header_image = models.ImageField() #I want to merge this model with Post model and want to add image field in my current forms.

froms.py

class BlogPost(forms.ModelForm):
    class Meta:
      model = Post
      fields = ['title','author','body']

views.py

class BlogUpdateView(PermissionRequiredMixin,UpdateView):
      raise_exception = True
      permission_required = "blog.change_post"
      model = Post
      template_name = "blog_update_post.html"
      form_class = BlogPost

How to get image filed from second model and add it to existing from which using first model?

(I’m going to assume that you actually intended to write “single form” instead of “signal from”. If you actually meant something else, please clarify)

Always keep in mind that a Model form is a Form, with some additional functionality.

This means you can add a field to your BlogPost form for the image, and save it to your other model in the save method for your form.

Thanks KenWhitesell. Yes exactly “single form”. How to add image field to BlogPost??

How do you define any field in any form?

Keep in mind that the field you’re going to add to this form is not the model field from your other model. It’s just a regular form field that you’re using in your BlogPost form.

1 Like