How to unit test a blanck field form in Django?

Thanks for your reply, for me it’s really interesting.
You’re completely right, it’s the Form I would test here. As far as other issues have been corrected, I also tried again to send a dict with a partial set of data (mandatory fields are of course included) and it still does not work.

I fully agree with that, I’m aware of the limitations of my model and I could have bad surprises while pushing to production a code tested on a completely different database, I really need to trust the ORM! It’s something I would not recommend, but at the beginning this project was not supposed to be developed that much.

I also had a look at your link, as well as the definition of blank=True property and I understand that there is a slightly difference with blank=True, as far as we don’t talk about NULL values, but empty fields. But, in this case, what about numbers?
I actually had another question in mind: according to my first tests, the code worked, so I was wondering if there was a difference between the client.post() and request.post(), which is impossible to me. But, to be sure, I just tested again and… my application does not work! I enriched my tests with other fields, made more tests (I even tried to put a value for street_num), checked again… I’m a bit discouraged :-/

I’m not sure to understand what you mean: how to separate each part and what would it really change?