Install Django on offline mode under Linux

Hello,

I’me a newbie with Dajngo and i need to install it in a VM under Linux without internet connection.
Is there a documentation or some topics who explain to do this ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Narkadaie

Do you have direct access to the host where this VM is running?

Does the host have access to the internet?

Do you have a way to copy files to the VM?

Do you have access to an internet-connected version of Linux that is substantially the same as what’s running in that VM?

How do you install regular system packages in that VM if it doesn’t have internet access?

There are many different ways to do this that range from creating wheels on a separate system, copying those wheels to the VM and then installing the wheels. Or, you could create a network proxy on the host or some other network accessible system and do the installations through that proxy.

The optimal solution is really going to depend upon a lot of these other factors.

Hello,

My reply in bold

Do you have direct access to the host where this VM is running?
yes, i’ve a direct access trough SSH to this VM.

Does the host have access to the internet?
Any access to Internet

Do you have a way to copy files to the VM?
yes, i can copy trough SFTP

Do you have access to an internet-connected version of Linux that is substantially the same as what’s running in that VM?
Not for the moment

How do you install regular system packages in that VM if it doesn’t have internet access?
Trough a dedicated server who host system package for update

There are many different ways to do this that range from creating wheels on a separate system, copying those wheels to the VM and then installing the wheels. Or, you could create a network proxy on the host or some other network accessible system and do the installations through that proxy.

The optimal solution is really going to depend upon a lot of these other factors.

Either creating a proxy on the host or setting up an identical version of another VM with internet access will work. I’m not sure which is going to be “easier” or “quicker”. Setting up the proxy is going to be more “direct”.

You might also see about modifying the VM to add a secondary network interface that does have internet access to allow for the installation to proceed.