CSS not found - Error Message in Runserver Mode

Good!

Now, what directory is the StyleS.Creators.css file in?

What directory is BeYou.jpg in?

1 Like
C:\Users\rinal\PycharmProjects\YouTrade1\YouTrade1_App\static\YouTrade1

Both files are in that same directory?

If so, you have a url:

/YouTrade1_App/static/YouTrade1/StyleS.Creators.css
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - url path
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - file name

where that url path retrieves the files in C:\Users\rinal\PycharmProjects\YouTrade1\YouTrade1_App\static\YouTrade1.

If you have another file (BeYou.jpg) in that same directory , what do you think the url would be to reference that file?

1 Like

Only:
/BeYou.jpg
?

It works!!! Finally, many thanks :angel:

On a side note, do you have any suggestions on where to look for a complete tutorial on how to develop a full-stack web app?
I took a course from Codeacademy but it is limited to the key features (forms, authentication, etc.) and it doesn’t talk at all about this (server, deployment, etc)

For educational material, I always point to the curated list in the Educational section on the Awesome Django page. If it’s not on that page, then I don’t recommend using it.

1 Like

Amazing Ken,

Really thanks for the help provided! :pray: :blush:

Sorry Ken to bother you, but I have gone deeper with logins, admin, logouts and sign-ups in my program. However, I was doing some tests (I wanted to implement new changes in my CSS which didn’t show on my local server) while I ran the command collectstatic command (by mistake) - and now it (the local server) doesn’t load the CSS once again. Any idea for similar solutions to this?