Deploying Django: Cannot serve directory (No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,index.html,index.php) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive)

I am deploying two Django projects with Apache and mod_wsgi according to How to use Django with Apache and mod_wsgi | Django documentation | Django.
I added two configure files in /etc/conf.d/.
For project1.conf

<VirtualHost *:9000>
ServerName www.example.com
WSGIDaemonProcess project1  python-path=/home/project1:/home/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages
WSGIScriptAlias /project1 "/home/project1/project1/wsgi.py" process-group=project1

<Directory "/home/project1/project1">
<Files wsgi.py>
        Require all granted
</Files>
</Directory>

Alias /static/ /home/project1/static/

<Directory "/home/project1/static">
Require all granted
</Directory>

Alias /static/admin /home/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/static/
<Directory "home/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/static/">
Require all granted
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

For project2.conf

<VirtualHost *:6001>
ServerName www.example.com
WSGIDaemonProcess project2  python-home=/home/project2_env python-path=/home/project2
WSGIProcessGroup project2
WSGIScriptAlias /project2 /home/project2/project2/wsgi.py process-group=project2

<Directory "/home/project2/project2">
<Files wsgi.py>
        Require all granted
</Files>
</Directory>

Alias /static/ /home/project2/static/

<Directory "/home/project2/static">
Require all granted
</Directory>

#Alias /static/admin /home/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/static/
#<Directory "home/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/static/">
#Require all granted
#</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

And add two ports in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

Listen 9000
Listen 6001

Then the project1 works fine but when I try to access www.example.com/project2, it shows “Forbidden.You don’t have permission to access /project2/ on this server.”
The /etc/httpd/logs/error_log file reported that [autoindex:error] [pid 24020] [client 127.0.0.1:43644] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/project2/
: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,index.html,index.php) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive.
When I put a index.html in the directory of project2, it didn’t show this error. I guess there may be some errors when delploying django with wsgi, but I cann’t figure it. Did I miss some important step?
Any hint would be helpful! Thanks.

I can’t quite tell what the situation is here from what you’ve posted, but historically, it used to be the case that mod_wsgi did not support running different versions of python. If you are running multiple projects, they all had to use the same python executable.
(My direct personal knowledge of this is at least 10 years old now - things may have changed, but a cursory review of the docs don’t give me the impression that they have.)
See the docs at WSGIDaemonProcess — mod_wsgi 4.9.0 documentation, particularly the sections on python-home and python-path.