Django ERP admin

i am planning to building a django project for erp where there will be multiple users like admin,head,and asset owner and security head. these users have various login credentials and will be logged in to separate dashboards. there will be fields like assets which contain various devices used in the company, another fields is employees which work in the firm, another field is location where employees work, etc. here only admin had the authority to give priority for edit,view,add and delete for other users head and asset owner. when admin give access to other user for permissions it has to be auto_update in the respective dashboards. how to execute. which is better local database authentication or django build in authentication.

In general, it sounds like you’re looking to implement a “row-level security” model. I suggest you search this forum for existing threads on that topic.

There is no absolute “better”, it all depends upon your requirements. Django’s built-in authentication is the default, but if it’s not going to do what you need it to do, then it’s definitely not “better” than the alternatives.

To help me better answer your questions, please describe how much “large system” software development experience you have in general, and Django experience in particular.

I am beginner in django. I dont have much experience in software development. I am trying to do this project.

Then you’ll want to make sure you have a good foundation in Django - you’ll want to work your way through both the Official Django Tutorial and the Django Girls Tutorial. You’ll also want to select learning materials from the Educational section of the Awesome Django page. (Be careful just looking for stuff out on the internet. There are a lot of resources out there that are either old and out-of-date, or simply wrong in some areas. You want to learn from trusted resources only.

As far as your project is concerned, there are two things you’re going to want to do for yourself. (I am not asking you to post this information here - these are things you will want to have while working on this.)

First, you should have a very clear and specific listing of all the pages you will need to create, along with a more general idea of what you can do on each page and what permissions may be needed.

The other is that you will want to break this large project down into a number of smaller steps. This is not a “do it all at once” type of effort. You will want to divide this into smaller tasks, each task being some type of functionality that you can test and verify. (The tasks are likely to be of unequal size, and that’s ok. One task might only be one page, while other tasks might involve 5 or 6 pages. However, if you have a task that requires more than that, you’ll probably want to think about dividing it into even smaller tasks.)

Here is a base level of my project GitHub - Mr-VarunNair/erp_demo