django-pgpubsub: a distributed task processing framework for Django built on top of the Postgres NOTIFY/LISTEN protocol.

I have just released the first version of django-pgpubsub, a distributed task processing framework for Django built on top of the Postgres NOTIFY/LISTEN protocol. I’d be interested to hear any feedback anyone has :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks great.

I’m always on the lookout for postgres-specific django functionaltiy.

How would this compare with, e.g.: Django-Postgres-Queue (GitHub - gavinwahl/django-postgres-queue: A task queue for django)

I’ll do some more digging but looks really nice. I’ll try and give it a whirl soon.

Thanks for putting it together!

Thanks!
Django-Postgres-Queue is a library which I didn’t discover until after most of the work on django-pgpubsub was already done. The two are certainly based on the same concept at their cores. I haven’t used Django-Postgres-Queue, but to some things I believe django-pgpubsub has which it does not:

Again, I haven’t used Django-Postgres-Queue, so it may have some features not present in django-pgpubsub. As with all open source software, users are encouraged to evaluate both and decide which is best for them :slight_smile:

Please do let me know if you get a chance to try the library, I’d be interested in the feedback!

Another interesting alternative would be Dramatiq and dramatiq_pg!