I started with Django a few months ago and I‘d like to try and build something I already have as SaaS application.
The Python script I have reads an API, does some number crunching on the results and sends calls to another API accordingly (mostly notifications via a Telegram bot).
The Telegram bot token as well as some other configurations are pulled off of a settings file that is user specific.
Now, translating this to a Django Project - I have little to no experience with the architecture of such a service.
What I want to achieve:
- User can register / log in
- User can enter settings / info and they get saved
- every user gets their telegram notifications according to their settings
- the benefit of one central code base, not having to send out new versions of the script to the 5-10 users it has
What I don’t understand right now:
- How do I manage and monitor the processes in the background?
- What are best practices to write such a thing in a pythonic way and with limited server side resources in mind?
- What precautions can I consider so that this could scale to 100 or 1000 users instead of 5-10?
Thanks in advance for your time!
P.S.: “(?)” in the title because I read up on the topic of multi tenancy but am not sure if it is what I need