Error when uploading image - Keras

I am working on my capstone project to finish up my CS degree. I am getting stumped on this part…

I am attempting to create a Keras project that allows a user to upload an image of a chest x-ray and classify it. I am getting an “expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not ImageFieldFile” error. The error is coming from this line in models.py: img = keras.preprocessing.image.load_img(self.img, target_size=(512, 512)). If I cast self.img to a string with img = keras.preprocessing.image.load_img(str(self.img), target_size=(512, 512)) I get an error of “[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘Tuberculosis-24.png’”

# views.py
class RadiographCreateView(CreateView):
    model = Radiograph
    fields = ['img']

# models.py
class Radiograph(models.Model):
    img = models.ImageField(upload_to='images')
    result = models.CharField(max_length=200, blank=True)

def get_absolute_url(self):
        return reverse('list')

def save(self, *args, **kwargs):
        img = keras.preprocessing.image.load_img(self.img, target_size=(512, 512))
        img_array = keras.preprocessing.image.img_to_array(img)
        img_array = tf.expand_dims(img_array, 0) # Create a batch
        predictions = train.model.predict(img_array)
        score = tf.nn.softmax(predictions[0])
        result = "This image most likely belongs to {} with a {:.2f} percent confidence.".format(train.class_names[np.argmax(score)], 100 * np.max(score))
        self.result = result
        # self.result = self.read()
        super().save(*args, **kwargs)

def __str__(self):
        return self.result

Any ideas? Thanks!

An ImageField in a model is not the name of the image file or the image itself. It’s an object that contains references to each of those data elements. See the docs on ImageField and FileField for more detailed information about those types of objects and the members and functions available to them.