Etiquette about hiring via this board

Hello there,

I’ve looked through the code of conduct linked on this site, and I couldn’t see any explicit guidance either way.

What is the etiquette about posting ‘help wanted’ ads for commercial work here?

I’m aware of resources like the the Django Weekly newsletter and Django jobs aggregator on the main Django site - are these the officially recommended routes for finding someone if you’re looking to hire?

The django jobs feed is below:

It seems to aggregate jobs from a few sources, including DjangoJobs.net, a commercial site, and before I posted something it seemed worth asking.

Were there no responses to this? I came here to ask the same question. I’m not having great luck with applicants on Upwork and I figured a Django-centric forum would be PERFECT to find a real Django dev!

<moderator hat on>
This is a support forum for the Django package and related topics regarding the software.

This is not a jobs board. My understanding is that there are sufficient other communication channels for those looking to hire or be hired. This venue does not need to add to that number.
<moderator hat off>

<opinion>
Personally, I wouldn’t see the value of adding this forum to the mix.

We have no way to vet or validate either party involved with this, and I would not want to be in a position of saying that this posting is valid but that posting is not.

Nor would I want to do anything that implies that the DSF approves or disapproves of any individual or company related to any form of employment.
</opinion>

1 Like

Thank you for that, Ken. Both responses! I am just starting to look into actual Django jobs boards now. I think I tend to agree with your opinion on the matter, but my gut told me to start here because this is a site I trust with folks passionate enough about Django to be here. Wish me luck!