This discussion is for my GSoC project.
I have setup a documentation blog here. I will document all my GSoC-related work in this blog. I will also add my plans and their progress in the same blog.
For communication with my mentor and other Django Fellows, I will prefer using either Django Forum or django-developers mailing list.
I would like to stick to a plan and before starting with anything I would like to plan things up. Also, I would like to continue with the plan mentioned in my project proposal.
- Creating and Populating Central Registry
- Adapting Central Registry and ModelState
- Working on tests and documentation
- Creating the proxy for all Operation subclasses’
state_backwardsmethods in ProjectState.
- Initialization of the Central Registry in ProjectState(like
- Code the logic to populate the registry with
ProjectState.add_model()and newly introduced
- Fixing and Writing tests along with Documentation. (if required)
I am starting with proxying all Operation subclasses
state_backwards methods in ProjectState(Of course, if my mentor prefers).
Any suggestions, views, thoughts or feedback is most welcome. Also, I would like to know the community’s expectations from me.
Working this summer, optimizing the Migrations Framework is going to be way more interesting. It’s more of like once in a lifetime experience.