How can I send in a dict in place of a string in add_message ?

Using messages.

options = { 'section': 'contact', 'message': "You've successfully posted"}
messages.add_message(self.request, messages.SUCCESS, options)
{% for message in messages %}
    <p{% if message.tags %} class="{{ message.tags }}"{% endif %}>
        {{ message.section }} - {{ message.message }}
    </p>
{% endfor %}

The only solution I could think of is the render the data in JavaScript :

{% for message in messages %}
    <script>
        let options = {{ message | safe }};
        console.log(options);
    </script>
{% endfor %}

Or, you could create your own messaging framework by inheriting the existing classes and extending the library, middleware and context processor to meet your needs.

Hey Experts, The method for sending a dictionary instead of a string in the add_message function will depend on the specific programming language and framework you are using. However, in general, you can typically convert the dictionary to a string using a serialization method such as JSON, and then pass the resulting string to the add_message function.

Here is an example in Python:

import json
import logging

create a dictionary to send as a message

my_dict = {“key1”: “value1”, “key2”: “value2”}

convert the dictionary to a JSON string

message = json.dumps(my_dict)

send the JSON string as a message using the logging module

logging.info(message)

In this example, we first create a dictionary my_dict that we want to send as a message. We then convert this dictionary to a JSON string using the json.dumps method. Finally, we pass the resulting JSON string to the logging.info method to send the message.

Again, the specific method for sending a dictionary instead of a string in the add_message function may vary depending on the programming language and framework being used, but the general approach of converting the dictionary to a string using a serialization method should work in most cases. you can contact my if you feel more help about that.