How i can integrate my wordpress and django website??

the problem is that I make my website using Django framework, but I developed my landing pages with WordPress and now I want to integrate them and host them on the same module.
I went through the Django-WordPress API but I didn’t understand that documentation.
can anyone please help me in this problem ??

1 Like

“Integration” can mean many different things.

Can you be more specific and detailed about exactly how you want these two platforms to work together?

I want that in a particular URL… my WordPress website should render and at another URL my HTML file will render

Looking for clarity here - are you saying you want something like:

http://example.com/wp/...  # displays pages from WordPress
http://example.com/dj/...  # displays pages from Django

If so, this is something you would configure within your web server (nginx, apache, lightspeed, etc)

If you’re looking to share data or to intermingle urls, then that’s a completely different situation.

Or are you talking about a completely different idea?

1 Like

yes exactly sir this is what I want …so which would be the best web server for this …i am hosting at was on windows server 2019

To the extent of my knowledge, it doesn’t matter which web server you use. Every one I’ve ever configured has been capable of this.

1 Like

ok, sir …one more problem is that I did a multi-app project in Django now I am facing issues while hosting it.
it is not serving the static file properly. so is there any other method for hosting a multi-app project or is it the same? I am doing it on the Nginx server.

Then something isn’t configured correctly. Nginx is extremely flexible and capable of servicing every combination of apps, sites, etc that I’ve ever needed. (It’s the only web server I use now and have used it exclusively for about the past 6 years.)

How are you running your Django app behind Nginx?

yes sir, I think I am doing it in the wrong way, can you send me some reference by which I can host my app in production mode, with Nginx on windows

I’m sorry, I don’t have any references I can point you to. I’ve never run either Django or Nginx on a Windows server. (The only servers I’ve ever run on Windows were Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, and IIS - and the last time I did that was probably 15 years ago.)

Rather than starting a new thread, thought I’d just chime in here.

I’ll also have a need for this soon. Have a Django site that is still in beta phase…but running well. It lists cars for sale.

We also have a need to publish news and reviews on cars…the data will come from an API from a publisher we’re licensing content from and Wordpress will be the best solution.

It seems like we can have Django and Wordpress co-exist if I’m not mistaken.

A question I have…can these two systems talk to each other at all or do they operate in completely separate environments.

Ideally, what I would like to be able to do is to link a car review from Wordpress with particular car makes and models that I have listed in Django. ie maybe in wordpress have a dropdown in an article that allows me to link it to a particular model car that is listed in Django.

Probably not a huge deal if that had to be a manual type process…but would be great if the two systems could talk to each other!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

As I pointed out earlier, and in a separate thread along similar lines, this description (“talk to each other”) isn’t sufficiently precise to really answer this. There are many degrees of “integration” that would be possible between the two - it’s not a “yes/no” question but one of “how much work do you want to put into it”. This integration could range anywhere from creating APIs to use for communications between the systems, to defining Django models to directly work with the WordPress database, and pretty much everything in between.

Anything more detailed than this would probably required conversations more detailed than what would be suitable or appropriate for this forum.

Fair enough Ken…thanks for the note.

I’m not a coder so was just wondering whether it was possible for Wordpress to look at the data in my Django site and/or vice versa. I take it from your answer that it may be possible depending on how much detail and time/money we wanted to invest?

Cheers

It is possible? Certainly. It’s just data in a database.

How difficult it may be to actually use that data effectively is an entirely different question.

1 Like