How to Create A Single Content Without Option of 'Create New ContentName' Again

I understand that to get a single content out of all contents I can use filter [:1] another thing I understand is that if I use get_object_or_404() it will get all the contents in a model, I will only which no other content is created. The problem I am having is that I want to create a dynamic About_Us model after the first content is created in the admin panel, I don’t want the possibility of adding new About_Us content again, the only thing that should be available is the option of editing or deleting the previously created one, pls how can I achieve this particular goal?

What do the relevent models look like? What makes a particular piece of content an “About_Us” content?

We’re going to need more details about your application to be able to advise you.

The model structure of About is like so:

class AboutUs(models.Model):

our_goal = models.TextField(

max_length=1000, help_text='the goal of your company')

completed_cases = models.PositiveIntegerField(

default=1, help_text='number of cases you have completed')

satisfied_clients = models.PositiveIntegerField(

default=1, help_text='number of satified clients')

insurance_policies = models.PositiveIntegerField(

default=1, help_text='number of insurance policies')

success_rate = models.PositiveIntegerField(

default=1, help_text='number of success rate')

happy_image = models.FileField(default='images/about_us/choose-us-2.jpg', help_text='picture that portrays happy people, displays in the front page',

upload_to='images/insure/about_us/happyclients')

def __str__(self):

return f'About us'

def summary(self):

return self.our_goal[:350]

class Meta:

verbose_name = 'About us'

verbose_name_plural = 'About us'

@KenWhitesell, I have added the model structure of the About us. Thanks in anticipation.

And so you want to limit this table to only having 1 row?

If so, the only way I can see to handle this from within the Admin is to create a has_add_permission method to your ModelAdmin class that returns False.
You’ll need some other way to put your first row in there - perhaps a fixture that you can load. (Your has_add_permission method could check to see how many rows exist in that table and return True if there are no rows in the table, False if the row already exists.)

Otherwise, create your own view for creating that row and subsequently editing it. That’s about the only way you’re going to be able to exert that degree of control.

Wow, advanced Django coming here, thanks for the guide and your time.