How to integrate Zoom SDK into Django project

Hi, Community,

I am looking to integrate Zoom SDK into a Django project. I am new to Django and would love to get guidance on how best to approach my integration. For context, the Zoom SDK is written in Javascript, and I am using the CDN version. Here is a link to the Zoom SDK I am:

What I have done :

So far, I’ve configured the Zoom SDK Javascript files as static files and added HTML files to the Templates directory of the app. Currently, the Zoom SDK files are linked within the project. That is, all files in the static folder are accessible/linked, and the HTML pages in the Templates directory are being served in the browser (index and meeting), but not all elements are not being rendered on each page. For example, all elements render, and buttons work for the index.html page. However, for some reason, when directed to the meeting.html page to join a meeting, the elements on meeting.html do not render. By the looks of the console network tab, I see that several requests are not logged for the Django application compared to the join network requests for the Zoom SDK.

Questions

1. What is the recommended best practice for integrating a Javascript SDK into a Django project?

2. Are there any Django caveats that should be taken into account?

I am not an expert in web development. Kind answers without the assumption of understanding the advanced topics in the web development world would be very helpful.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Hi just-zoomit,

Thank you for the well structured questions.

I don’t understand what this means and I suspect it’s important. Can you explain what you meant?

If you’re writing basic vanilla JS, what you’ve done sounds correct. If you move into the webpack world or another JS packaging utility, things start to get more complex. Are you planning on building a Single Page App (SPA) or does the SDK provide enough for you to avoid that?

The biggest one when it comes to static files comes into play when you hit the deployment stage of development. Here’s the documentation page that covers it.