inherent from SelectMultiple works and FilteredSelectMultiple not.

Hello everyone!
I run into a problem.
I have 3 models:

class Category(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=120,default='', verbose_name=_('name'))
    color = ColorField(default='#FF0000')

class Product(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=120)
    category = models.ForeignKey(Category, on_delete=models.CASCADE, default=None)
    def __str__(self):
        return self.category.name + '\t|\t' + name

class Albom(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=120, verbose_name=_('name'))
    products = models.ManyToManyField(to=Product, verbose_name=_('Products'))

I am trying to color the ManyToMany field in the Albom model based on the category’s color.
I kind of did this to the product admin: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62886686/change-admin-form-field-with-a-custom-one
I want every product to be with the category’s color but it’s not happening:

I created my own class the inherent from FilteredSelectMultiple and change the color of the option’s text:

class customFilteredSelectMultiple(FilteredSelectMultiple):
    def create_option(self, name, value, label, selected, index, subindex=None, attrs=None):
        option_dict = super(customFilteredSelectMultiple, self).create_option(name, value, 
            label, selected, index, subindex=subindex, attrs=attrs)
        label = label.replace('\t', '') # label will be equal to <category_name>\t|\t<product_name>
        category, full_name = label.split('|') 
        option_dict['attrs']['style'] =  'color: ' +  Category.objects.get(name=category).color + ';' # changing the color attribute of the option
        return option_dict

And I change my form in the Albom Admin:

class AlbomCastumAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    form = AlbumAdminForm
    formfield_overrides = {
        models.ManyToManyField: {'widget': customFilteredSelectMultiple},
    }

And this is the form I replaced with:

class AlbumAdminForm(ModelForm):
    products = ModelMultipleChoiceField(queryset=Product.objects.all(), widget=customFilteredSelectMultiple(verbose_name='test2',is_stacked=False))
    class Meta:
        model = Albom
        fields = ('name', 'products',)
    def __init__(self, *args, **kwargs):
        super().__init__(*args, **kwargs)

But it does not seem to change the colors of the options…
What is interesting is that when I change:
class customFilteredSelectMultiple(FilteredSelectMultiple):
with:
class customFilteredSelectMultiple(SelectMultiple):

and in AlbumAdminForm I change:
products = ModelMultipleChoiceField(queryset=Product.objects.all(), widget=customFilteredSelectMultiple(verbose_name='test2',is_stacked=False))
to:
products = ModelMultipleChoiceField(queryset=Product.objects.all(), widget=customFilteredSelectMultiple()) # not taking params in __init__

It dose show the colors:

But I want to use the FilteredSelectMultiple and not SelectMultiple,
What is the problem I don’t see?

The django/contrib/admin/static/admin/js/SelectFilter2.js file is the JS module that builds the FilteredSelectMultiple interface. This module is not using a standard-rendered HTML select box.

To achieve what you want to do with this, you’d have to modify that module to include the color attributes in what it builds.

(Note that this Widget is only used internally within the Django admin, and is not even documented in the Django documentation for general use. As a result of that, I’m guessing that there’s no guarantee that that Widget will remain stable across versions. Your best bet may be to just copy that file into your project and modify it as desired.)