install Microsoft visual C ++ 14.0 to be able to use mysqlclient in my Django projects

Hello, I have been struggling for a few days wanting to install Microsoft visual C ++ 14.0 to be able to use mysqlclient in my Django projects. I use Win10, Python 3.8.2 and Django 3.0.5. Has anyone ever encountered this problem and solved it? I need help.

Try:

pip install --only-binary :all: mysqlclient

When I used windows I had to use a precompiled version. You can get it from here:

https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#mysqlclient

Look for something like this: mysqlclient‑1.4.6-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl

I tried it. Same error.

I tried it. Same error.

What do you mean “same error”? Can you post the text (not an image) of your command line when you run this command?

I know it doesn’t help much, but it works for me:

C:\Windows\system32>pip install --only-binary :all: mysqlclient
Collecting mysqlclient
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/a8/c4/2c4befb6f78f7b05ad4b1ea725a878738c7908285730838c5e6925eabf89/mysqlclient-1.4.6-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl
Installing collected packages: mysqlclient
Successfully installed mysqlclient-1.4.6

Not sure if you tried my method, but:

Download the file above.
Pip install the file:

pip install mysqlclient‑<version>-win_amd64.whl

Same error. This the message error :

WARNING: Requirement ‘mysqlclient-1.4.6-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl’ looks like a filename, but the file does not exist
ERROR: mysqlclient-1.4.6-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

Same error

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement mysqlclient (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for mysqlclient

I will ask, once again, to please post the text of the complete interaction involved in making your attempts.

This includes your prompt, the command you’re issuing, and all output up to the next prompt - see my prior response above.

It would also be helpful to see the outputs from a python -V command along with a pip -V command.

To begining, I was focus on a version of mysqlclient 64bits on my win 10 64bits. Finally I tried mysqlclient 32bits and It’s ok in my projects. Thanks you very much. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: