Is the structure of the project correct?

If you’re coming to Django from other frameworks, I’ll start out by saying Django is different. If those other frameworks were not Python-based, Python is different. A lot of what you may have previously learned from structuring projects for other frameworks and languages is not particularly useful with Django.

<opinion>
Personally, I think you’ve way overcomplicated this as a starting point.

Unless, and until, you’ve reached a point where this type of organization becomes necessary, and, you understand why, and you’re prepared to handle the issues encountered by doing something like this, I would encourage you to adhere to the standard Django conventions.

e.g.:

project/
├─ project/ # Can be renamed to anything desired
   ├─ wsgi.py
   ├─ asgi.py
   ├─ urls.py
   ├─ settings.py
   ├─ fixtures/
├─ app1/
   ├─ models.py
   ├─ views.py
   ├─ urls.py
   ├─ forms.py
   ├─ admin.py
   ├─ templates/
      ├─ app1/
   ├─ management/
      ├─ commands/
   ├─ static/
      ├─ app1/
├─ static/
├─ templates/

And, if the project gets large enough, the directory structure for app1 can be replicated for an app2 and possibly more.
</opinion>

I’ve been using Django regularly for 10 years, and have deployed more than 20 production instances of different projects. I can only think of 3 of them where it has been necessary or desirable to create them as more than 1 app. Also, I’ve never encountered a situation where it has been desirable to use anything other than the standard Django project layout.

Don’t make things harder for yourself. Don’t add unnecessary complexity. Issues like this:

simply don’t exist if they’re all part of the same application.

For some other perspectives on this topic, see:

Note, a couple of these are quite lengthy. I would encourage you to read them through in their entirety.