MIME type error with css file and load static showing in plain text - Django on PyCharm IDE

Ok, I can trust you on that. What’s the name of your base project directory? What is the name of your app directory?
(Linux has the tree command, and you can use a dir /s /ad to show the directory tree structure on Windows.)

I just realized looking at this again that you’re joining all these together as a single path. This is completely wrong.

For me to be able to advise you here, I need to understand the directory structure of your project, starting with the base directory of the project.

But specifically to address your question, the standard directory structure of a Django project looks something like what is in my post at Is the structure of the project correct? - #2 by KenWhitesell

Using that example as a starting point, the DIRS setting could look like this: [BASE_DIR / 'templates'], because the templates directory in app1 will be searched because of the APP_DIRS setting.

I don’t see your app listed in there. That’s an issue.

First fix these settings issues and try again. Let’s see what we’ve got at that point before worrying about that yet.

However, if there’s still an issue where you would like assistance, copy paste the text from the session, please do not post images. If you can’t get the text from there, then run runserver from a separate console window.