Job for junior / fresh graduate

Hi everyone I am Andrew Romany Iam a fresh graduate.
I just need your advice on how to find a job as a junior django developer & how to get accepted.
As a recent graduate from Helwan university with a Bachelor of Commerce in Business Administration, I am extremely proficient in Django Backend Development. Please take a look at my attached resume for a detailed look at my skills and experience. Here’s a snapshot of what I have to offer: knowledge of front-end development(HTML5, CSS3, javascript, bootstrap, tailwind) but proficient in backend development (Python, Django web framework, Django-rest-framework & rest APIs, SQL databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, security, performance like how to take care of website’s speed),
etc.

I don’t have any advice or suggestions regarding your job hunt, but I would recommend that you fix the typographical and spelling errors in your resume.

As one example, the word in the next-to-last-line should be “compatible”, not “compitable”. (As someone who has reviewed hundreds of resumes through the years, yes, it matters.)

1 Like

Thanks, body I am really open to any advice or suggestions.

Hi Andrew,

Here’s some advice I shared with someone recently who wasn’t making it past the resume round for a junior dev role:

What can you show to prospective employers that will make them realize that you’ll be able to make an impact upon joining. Keep in mind, they know you’ll be entry level and that you’ll need time and space to grow. But if you can show that you have the ability to communicate technically, effectively document software, write effective tests and/or possess other pragmatic skills in the software development life-cycle, you will be a much more appealing candidate. The ability to work in a group setting, pairing, getting code reviews and submitting code reviews are another big part of being on a team. What can you do to show that you have some experience in that?

I would like to clarify you don’t need all of those, but if you have experience in any of those areas, it’s something you should highlight in your portfolio.

2 Likes

alright Tim
That enlightened me a lot, Thank you my friend

Andrew! As a recent graduate, there are several steps you can take to increase your chances of finding a job as a junior Django developer. Firstly, focus on building a strong portfolio that highlights your Django projects and showcases your skills. You can create a personal website or use platforms like GitHub to share your code. Additionally, consider contributing to open-source projects or creating your own projects to demonstrate your abilities.

Networking is also crucial, so attend industry events, join relevant online communities, and connect with professionals in the field. Don’t forget to tailor your resume and cover letter to highlight your Django experience and emphasize your passion for learning and growth. Finally, prepare for technical interviews by practicing coding exercises and familiarizing yourself with common Django interview questions. Good luck with your job search!
Regards