Python 3 f string formatting

Total novice here. I was overjoyed when the string formatting in Python 3 was overhauled and formatting became a breeze. Cutting to the chase, I’m going through the Django tutorial on ‘Writing your first app …’ where it walks you through the procedures to add more views to the poll/views.py starting with the following code snippet.

def detail(request, question_id):
return HttpResponse(“You’re looking at question %s.” % question_id)

With nothing to loose, I modified it to use the f string formatting like so.

def detail(request, question_id):
return HttpResponse(f"You’re looking at question {question_id}")

It worked. But before I take this tidbit and ‘assume’ it will continue to work in a ‘real’ app with the complexity of far more imports and views? What type of ‘gotchas’ would I likely see if I continue to deviate from the ‘norm’ the tutorials show to display a view?

I used the search engine here to see if I ran upon any matches, but the results didn’t show me if this had come up before, or rather my query was ill conceived and executed.

Feedback? Thoughts?
I’m hoping a long time forum member isn’t beating the table going ‘Arrg! Not again!’

Doug

Nope, no problems with doing it any which way. String formatting is a pretty standard Python feature, Django doesn’t interfere with it at all. Nothing to worry about here.

Ken,

Thank you much for the prompt response and information. It’s music to my ears. :star_struck: