I know I can limit a demo user (by using permissions) so that they can only read data and prevent them creating and deleting data.
BUT I would like a demo user to have the full experience of using my application i.e. CREATE, READ, UPDATE & DELETE access
So any advice on how I could allow a demo user to do this would be very helpful and answers to the following questions would be much appreciated
- I’d like the demo user to have the database seeded with some initial data - is this sensible?
- should I only permit 1 demo session at a time? If so how would I do this?
- should I run a cleanup activity after each demo logout to restore the initial. data state
- Or should I allow a demo user to do everything except delete data?
- Or restrict a demo user to only CREATE & READ and prevent UPDATE & DELETE
- what do you think of a more radical approach to having a separate (from the production. database) a parallel demo database. where users would have full capabilities and then simply do a full database restore say once a day