Restricting options in DRF POST Forms

Hi All,

I’m working on a learning activity/POC with a friend. I’m playing with permissions and querysets to test that users only see that for which they have permission. So far, this is relatively straightforward using a combination of querysets and permissions, both out of the box and custom.

However, I’ve hit an issue and I haven’t found a solution, but I’m willing to bet a beer or two that there is a very straightforward answer. First, please have a look at this image from my DRF web GUI.

The issue is this: The user correctly only sees one object from the GET request, and the listings in the object are correct. However, the possible listings from which the user can choose when creating a new object from within the DRF form, list all of the possible properties, not just the ones to which the user should have access (The user should only see Albatross St 1 & 2).

Now, it’s getting late where I am, and it’s been a long day so I won’t be at all surprised if this is a result of my own error. I am also wondering if there is a simple way to build a queryset which is then used to populate such forms within the DRF web GUI

As always, any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

C