Template Does Not Exist - But Only In Production Env

I’m running into an issue where I’m getting a “template does not exist” error when attempting to navigate to one of my pages in production. All of my other pages are loading without issue and I do not get this error in dev. This app is hosted in Azure’s App Service.

The only difference between this page and others is that the view is class based (generic.ListView) so I’m guessing it’s something around this. I turned debugging on in production and the traceback shows:

Template-loader postmortem
Django tried loading these templates, in this order:

Using engine django:

django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader: /tmp/8d9aeba6d049c98/antenv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/templates/main/freshproblems_list.html (Source does not exist)
django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader: /tmp/8d9aeba6d049c98/antenv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/templates/main/freshproblems_list.html (Source does not exist)
django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader: /tmp/8d9aeba6d049c98/CustomPrint/templates/main/freshproblems_list.html (Source does not exist)
django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader: /tmp/8d9aeba6d049c98/main/templates/main/freshproblems_list.html (Source does not exist)

What’s throwing me off is that the template does exist at “/main/templates/main/freshproblems_list.html” .

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.

EDIT
Just an update for anyone who happens to take a look at this. I converted the views to regular function views and am able to use the templates just fine. Starting to wonder if it’s a bug of some kind?

If you post your ListView, we can take a look at it to see if anything appears wrong.

Sure thing. It’s’’ a pretty simple class and that filter returns data correctly in the function version of it. Thanks for taking a look.

class freshproblemsVIEW(generic.ListView):
    model = freshPROBLEMS
    queryset = freshPROBLEMS.objects.filter(status__in=[1,2])

Just to confirm, is the template at:

Or is it at:

?

Based on my knowledge of Azure App service it puts everything into a temporary folder. When deployed the entire project resides at “/tmp/8d9aeba6d049c98/”

Did you ever figure out what was causing this to occur? I’m having the same issue.