Trying to deploy Django projects in multiple subdirectories in the same domain name using Nginx and Gunicorn on Centos 7

Need help: (I’m new to Django)
I am using:
Nginx, Centos 7, Python 3.10, Django 4.1.6, Linode

What I want to achieve is:
domain.com/project1/
domain.com/project2/
and so on…

At root domain I’m using WordPress and I want to use Django in subdirectories (sub-folders), as mentioned above.
I have other websites running on this same VPS/IP as well (just informing).
I have been struggling online for the last week and cannot find a proper solution. Finally, writing here for help.
If I have missed any required information, then please ask me. Kindly guide me while considering that you are guiding a Django newbie! :expressionless:

Looking forward!

I’ve never used guicorn for a production deployment, so I can’t really help there. But I have done dozens of deployments using nginx and uwsgi, so I’m hoping what I can provide here will help.

There are at least three separate issues that need to be addressed.

• Associating what you’re calling domain.com/project1/ with a project.
  • Getting the static resources for each project deployed to their specific project’s staticfiles directory. (We use nginx to serve those static files.)
  • Getting the {% static %} and {% url %} tags to render to the right URLs.

This gives us the following configuration directives:

Our location directive would look something like this:

location /project1/ {
        uwsgi_pass  unix:///run/project1/uwsgi.sock;
        include     /etc/nginx/uwsgi_params.txt;
        proxy_set_header    SCRIPT_NAME /project1;
    }

You can repeat this for each project as necessary.
Note that we use unix domain sockets to connect nginx to uwsgi

Similarly, for the static files:

location /project1/static {
        root /home;
        rewrite ^/(.*)/$ /$1 break;
    }

You would then set STATIC_ROOT = '/home/project1/static' and STATIC_URL = 'static/'

Note: Because the first match gets the request, this section actually needs to appear before the section above in the configuration file.

That also means that if you’re using WordPress as a root URL as well, it needs to appear last.