Can I convert my Django project to a standalone executable file for distribution?

I have tried using PyInstaller to convert my Django project to an executable file. Since my project has many small apps in it, PyInstaller could not find my other apps. It only finds my main app. I could not even add them through “–hidden-import” command. Is it really possible to use Pyinstaller for projects with many apps and dependancies? Is there any other tool like this to help me distribute my project as a single standalone file to the people who doesn’t have a programming background? Please help me with this!

The biggest problem with trying to do this for a Django project is that when you deploy a Django project, you’re not “running” your project. You’re running some type of wsgi container (uwsgi, gunicorn, mod_wsgi, etc)* behind a web server (nginx, apache, etc). Neither your code nor even Django itself is the controlling process. So about the best you might be able to do is distribute your project along with the python environment as some type of virtual file system (e.g. Docker image) that those individuals can set up to run in their environment more easily.
Even this generally requires some type of coordination with the host system for management of things like static and media files, since serving them belongs outside the realm of Django completely.

*(The last thing you would want to want to try and do to your customers/clients is to run your project in a production environment using runserver. Do yourself and them a favor and don’t do this.)

I really appreciate your reply. But, I really didn’t get much from what you have said. I am new to Django. I have overestimated my skills and took this project on. Now, i really need to complete this and I don’t even know much about this. Thanks for your help though!