Django rest framework to exe file

Good Day
is there a way to convert django rest framework/my backend to exe file?

thanks you.

Why you even want to do that, because converting a Django Rest Framework application or a backend server to an exe file is not a standard approach because Django applications are typically designed to run within a web server, such as Gunicorn, and serve requests over HTTP.

If you have some other specific requirements like you want to create a package then it is some other case.

what is the best for desktop without uploading to cloud?

Can you be more specific about what you’re trying to do here? What is your objective? (What are you trying to accomplish?)

By using python manage.py runserver you are able to run the application server right?
That is the best for your local machine i.e desktop, laptop.

But as mentioned in above post by Ken, it will be helpful if you give your objective.

what about in deployment what i’m going to do? copy my backend data and run it in every server?

For that we use Version control tool like git.

In the absence of more clarity regarding the system, goals, and objectives, I’d have to say that your best option is to not try to use a web application as a desktop application.

Rewrite your application as a native desktop app. It’s going to greatly simplify all these aspects of deployment, installation, and configuration.

Yes, but you’d really need to know what you’re doing.

I once worked in a job where we had a fork of django that worked off-line. It got built into a pyqt application and packaged for windows/linux/mac. So yes, it’s possible. But I couldn’t tell you how these days.

Hello, I have the same problem and I’ll tell you why I want to do it. The fact is that the server where the database is located at my work is very protected and I cannot install python or practically anything that comes from the external internet. However, I have created simple python scripts that, by converting them into .exe, I have been able to execute on the server.

I want to make a program that is installed on the other computers in the company and that makes requests about that API that I have created between the database and the client. Since I can’t install python on the central server but I can launch an executable that is the reason why I need to pass the django rest-framework to an executable.

Thank you