Can't pass a URL as a string from view to template

Hi, folks
I’ve got a question that I can’t seem to resolve. I’ve got the following view →

def search(request):
    search_string = request.GET.get('search-for').strip()

if Archiver.is_url(search_string):
        return HttpResponseRedirect(reverse('searchnet:archive', args=(unquote(search_string),)))
        # return HttpResponseRedirect(reverse('searchnet:archive', args=('search_string',)))

engine = SearchEngine()
    search_results = engine.internal(search_string)
    template = 'searchnet/results.html'
    context = {
        "menu": CATEGORIES,  
        "search_results": search_results[:10],
    }

The bit I’m concerned with is this bit here →

if Archiver.is_url(search_string):
        return HttpResponseRedirect(reverse('searchnet:archive', args=(unquote(search_string),)))
        # return HttpResponseRedirect(reverse('searchnet:archive', args=('search_string',)))

I know the redirect is working because the commented out return line passes the string “search_string” to the template.

When I run it how it is, simply trying to pass the string of the url in exactly the same way I get the following error →

NoReverseMatch at /search/

Reverse for ‘archive’ with arguments '('https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.0/ref/validators/’,)’ not found. 1 pattern(s) tried: [‘archive/(?P<search_string>[^/]+)\Z’]

I really thought unquote() was the answer to my woes when I discovered it, but it’s not working even though the url is a string. I don’t get it and I’ve run out of ideas.
Can someone explain this, please, and possibly what I have to do to fix it. Thanks