Creating a live stream using JavaScript and django

Hey to all who read. I just have one question. Is it possible to build a live stream with let’s say instagram capabilities using pure JavaScript and Django. I wanted to know before I actually began putting time into this and adding it to my website that I am working on.

I have no idea of what you mean by “instagram capabilities”, but in general no, you’re not going to be able to build a live stream system that is reasonably sure to work with every user with only JavaScript and Django.

JavaScript with WebRTC would probably get you pretty close, but that’s still going to rely on a STUN and TURN server to manage the connections. (I’m also not sure how high such an environment can reasonably scale.)

I apologize I meant with the capabilities of let’s say instagram live. I am a broke developer lol so I am trying to find ways to build such an app with as little money as possible but using webrtc and JavaScript is pretty much the best way to go but is it possible to build such in general.

I don’t know anything at all about instagram. I don’t use it, I don’t follow it, I don’t pay any attention to what it has or what services it provides. (The same is also true for me with TikToc) So unfortunately, your references to what instagram can do doesn’t mean anything to me.

Lol all due respect all I’m asking is if I’m able to build a live stream service that has the capabilities of opening a large set of web sockets and sustain stability with a large amount of users connected to the live stream.

I’m no way am I disrespecting you at all I respect you mind as it helped me on these Django projects I just want to know before I pay for a third party app.

Nope, no worries.

As I mentioned before, no, Django isn’t going to do that for you. However, what you’re really going to need to consider is your bandwidth consumption when you’re doing this. You need to calculate what resolution and frame rate at which you’ll be transmitting times the number of people who will be receiving the video to determine your network requirements.

I don’t know what you mean by “large number of users”, but I think you’re going to find your network expenses to be significantly higher than you expect.

Understood thank you very much. I’m learning the jargon so thank you for baring with me.

Hello, this is Gulshan Negi
Well, using only JavaScript and Django, a live streaming platform with features similar to Instagram can be built. However, it is a challenging endeavor that necessitates a thorough comprehension of video processing, networking, and web development. Some aspects of the live-streaming process may also need to be handled by third-party libraries or services. Building such a platform is doable with the right knowledge and tools, but it takes a lot of time and effort.
Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you very much was actually reading up on video processing to see if it’s possible but thank you for your input I will continue to research