Extra Diving

Hi, all

This might not be strictly Django related, but I am looking for some recommendations.
I’ve been learning Django/Python for a while and have some good resources for those activities as well as HTML, CSS, Javascript, postgres, github.

I’m a psychology student and over the summers I get back into coding mindset because I enjoy it.

Because I am self taught, every now and again I come up against a topic that I don’t know anything about and it will take me eons to find information. At the moment it’s operating systems, nginx, gunicorn, virtual environments, networking, unix, linux… I can make directories and files with the command line and navigate around etc but when it get’s into bash profiles I start wondering what I am doing and I don’t want to copy code from stack overflow without understanding it.

If I want to be able to build simple web applications (for now) with Django, and deploy them to the internet what should I know and where should I go?

Best regards,

Sam

Hi,
I would suggest you to go through this guide How To Set Up Django with Postgres, Nginx, and Gunicorn on Ubuntu 22.04 | DigitalOcean as it always help me to deploy my projects to ubuntu droplets or any other cloud servers with ubuntu OS.
This guide is just for setting up your django project to cloud servers, there are other things also like integrating your domain to IP of those servers.

Thanks for this, this is a really good article. I’ve read a few related digital ocean articles but not this particular one.

Best wishes,

Sam