filter on mysql db syntax problem.

Hello Django community,
I am new to Django and have been coding with it while learning. I am wondering if anyone can help me solve this issue. I am trying to filter two columns in the mysql DB. Seems like it accept strings for example: User.objects.filter(first_name=‘firstName’, last_name=‘lastName’) which works fine. But I want to but place a string variable in place of the strings. It seems to only accept one string variable at a time instead of both. It returns and empty set. Is there anyway I can have both string variables to get this to work? I have check documentations, google, youtube and no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Please supply the actual filter you’re trying to use - and preferably the entire view where you’re using it. It’s tough to figure out where the problem may be in your code without seeing it.

Also, when you post code here, please enclose it between lines of three backtick - ` characters. This means you’ll have one line of ```, then your code, then another line of ```. This will allow the forum software to keep your code formatted the way it needs to be.