getting in problem with add default in models.py

Help me with this message.

1. Provide a one-off default now (will be set on all existing rows with a null value for this column)
  2. Quit, and let me add a default in models.py

This message is generated in a makemigrations when you’re adding a field that doesn’t allow nulls to an existing table, or are changing a field from nulls being allowed to nulls not being allowed.

As a result of this, Django needs to know what values to supply to those fields to satisfy the not-null constraint in the database.

Should i add default value to all the fields in model or how can i fix this.

You don’t need to add a default value in your model. The purpose of this prompt is to give you an opportunity to put that default value in the migration as a one-time use.

After that message, it gives you a python prompt - just enter the default value for that field for the migration.

(To be any more specific than this, I’d need to know what change was made to the model causing this message to appear.)

I have added new fields in my model, and when i tried to makemigrations it gives me this error, i added default value in most of my fields of all models. Now i only have to left to add default in my email fields, video field, image field, and in foreign keys.

accidently i entered the wrong value, now what can i do?

It depends upon whether or not you discovered this before actually doing the migration.

If you haven’t done the migrate yet, you can edit the migration file and change the value being used.

If you have run your migration, you’ll need to also change the database to replace the incorrect values with the correct values.

yes i made migrations also, how can i change database to replace the incorrect values.

Use any tool of your choice. They’re just data changes in your database.

Is there any reference or video or websites that we can look up on how to change our database in django?

What do you mean by:

Can you be more specific about what you’re trying to do?