Help Needed: Django Form Generator - Relational or Non-Relational DB?

I am developing a dynamic form generator using Django, with the aim of creating an internal application similar to Google Forms. This application will allow users to create their own forms, with the ability to add basic elements according to their area requirements. Has anyone worked on a similar project?

Considering that at some point the application will be used by approximately 5000 users, what would be the most convenient database model to use: relational or non-relational?

Currently, the system considers two types of users: those who create the forms and those who respond to them, and access to the application will require registration and login. I would appreciate any recommendations or advice, as I am new to web development. :butterfly:

1 Like

Django is built around the concepts of a relational database. Since Django also has a JSONField available, the potential benefits for using a non-relational DB pretty much don’t exist any more.

For getting started, make sure you’re proficient and comfortable with Python, in particular the fundamental data types (lists, dicts, tuples) and the Class and Module structures.

Then, work your way through either (or both) of the Official Django Tutorial and the Django Girls Tutorial. They’ll give you the foundational knowledge you need to get started.

Finally, use the Awesome Django page to find other useful sources of information.

2 Likes