how to go to a new line in django shell (manage.py shell)

I want to create such an instance

>>> p1 = Project(
...     title='My First Project',
...     description='A web development project.',
...     technology='Django',
...     image='img/project1.png'
... )
>>> p1.save()

i use VSCode, “CTRL + J” does not work, and I don’t want to use "; " for line breaks, this is very inconvenient

Can you be more specific about what the problem is? I don’t understand what you’re trying to do and are unable to do.

Also, please do not post images of code. Copy and paste the text into your message, between lines of three backtick - ` characters.

how can i make a line break in django shell? (python manage.py shell) i use vscode

You use the enter key.

yes i use the keyboard :man_facepalming:

No, @KenWhitesell means you literally press the Enter key to move to the next line, as you would in a regular terminal.

nothing like that, it doesn’t work, you think I didn’t guess enter click !?

When you say “it doesn’t work”, what exactly is happening?

What operating system are you using?
What version of VSCode?
How are you running the shell?
Does the shell work properly when you run it directly from the command line? (Outside of VSCode)
Do you have the shell command configured to use something other than the standard python shell such as ipython?

I don’t know what to tell you, that’s how you move to a new line. If it’s not working there must be some unusual issue somewhere. Can you be specific about all the details of what you’re using?

thank you for the help shown, I figured it out myself, I had the “jupyter” extension installed and after removing it everything worked

System:    Kernel: 5.10.56-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.1.0 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.22.4 Distro: Manjaro Linux 
           base: Arch Linux

VSCode:

Version: 1.59.0
Date: 2021-08-04T23:13:20.182Z
Electron: 13.1.7
Chrome: 91.0.4472.124
Node.js: 14.16.0
V8: 9.1.269.36-electron.0
ОС: Linux x64 5.10.56-1-MANJARO snap

I run the shell inside venv (python)

yes everything works well outside of the code

yes, that was my problem