importing a csv file into sqlite3

I have a real big csv file that I need to get into sqlite3 as a table. I am new to Django, so I just need a little guidance. My project is a simple one. I want managers to fill out all the info in the admin section. Then I want the visitors to be able to view the data from the front end. I guess I need to be more specific. My csv file is a complete King James Version Bible. The project will be for young ministers to learn the bible. When the website is first opened, I want a list of bible subjects to appear on the left-hand side of the screen. When a user clicks on one of the subjects the subject fills out a central div area showing the subject title at the top and all the verses to that subject underneath is a selectable list of verses. When a verse is selected its text is to be shown in a third div. Now there is a fourth div that shows the commentary on that verse. I need the website managers who are ministers to be able to fill out any subject that comes to their mind in the admin area. They are to fill out forms that house the subject and verse and commentary data. I hope that is plain. I have been through two complete tutorials on Django but neither one covers what I need to do. I hope someone with a lot of patience can help me out.

Welcome @golite338 !

There are a couple different ways & tools to help do this. If you can get this data as json, yaml, or xml, you can use Django’s loaddata. If you only have access to the csv, then you might want to take a look at either django-import-export or Django CSVimport.

In general, you’ll want to try to expand what you’ve learned from the tutorials - identify the patterns that you have seen in the tutorials and match them up to your objectives.

(This is assuming you’ve worked your way through either / both the Official Django Tutorial and the Django Girls Tutorial. (If you haven’t worked through either of these, I do suggest doing it.)

For example:

This is a ListView with links.

Filling out and handling forms you would have already seen.

Probably the most important step for you to take is to break this down into smaller steps. Don’t try to complete this entire project in one shot. Start from just one minimal component, get it working, and then build from there.