Integration with MongoDB

Hello everyone, this is my first time here. I recently started lesning and using Django, so i hope you hsve sone patience to deal with a newbie.
I am trying to build a simple application by integrarting a MongoDB databsse with django.
I followed the tutorial on MongoDB documentation about using djongo library to accomplish this result, but i keep running to the following error:
if self.connection:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pymongo/database.py”, line 1337, in bool
raise NotImplementedError(
NotImplementedError: Database objects do not implement truth value testing or bool(). Please compare with None instead: database is not None

Anybody has an idea what is going on?
This is happening every time I am trying to make migrations, no matter how i adjust the data in my database.
I would really appreciate any feedbacks. Thank you beforehand.

As you stated that you recently started with Django, So it would be easier if you start your Database connection which Django Currently supports which are mostly RDBMS, Databases | Django documentation | Django.
After gaining some experience and insights with Django, then you should work with other Databases like Mongo DB.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate tge advise, and of course you are right. It is better to start with what is costumed to Django by default.
With that said, i already worked with tge default sqllite databsse that comes default with Django and things went well.
The project i am working with though, is one mandated by my studies and the lecturer for the subject is requring from us to establish conection twice, once with sql and one witb a NOsql database, hence the inconvenient need to use MongoDB.
So if you have any advice about how to over come the problem i am facing, i would really appreciate it.
Thanks beforehand.

Okay, if you are using Djongo then from the official docs Django with MongoDB - Djongo it says the With Djongo you permanently say goodbye to Django Migrations. I think you don’t need to run makemigrations and migrate command, also you should read this docs as well.