Passing data from formtool views to the forms

I have a django formtool with a first form with some inputs text and a MultipleChoiceField. User fills the first form and submit to pass to the second step. After the first form is submitted
I need to take the selected choices and build dynamically the second form: I need to take data from database, show N MultipleChoiceField according the number of choices (see the picture).

So I need to pass the information of the first form from the view to the form.py.
I’m using this code but it doesn’t work.

forms.py

from django import forms
from station.models import Station
from django.forms import formset_factory
from .models import Vdl
from django.contrib.auth.models import User

station_all = Station.objects.all().values('station_name', 'id_station')

options = ()
i = 0
for st in station_all: #station_all:
    station = (st['id_station'], st['station_name']),
    if i == 0:
        options = options + station
    else:
        options = options + station
    i = i+1

class VdlSelectStationsForm(forms.Form):
    vdl_name = forms.CharField(label='nome virtual data logger', max_length=20,
                                 widget=forms.TextInput(attrs={'class': 'form-control', 'placeholder': 'nome vdl'}))

stations = forms.MultipleChoiceField(widget=forms.SelectMultiple, choices=options)

class Meta:
        model = Station
        fields = ('station_name')

class VdlSelectSensorsForm(forms.Form):

sensor_list_for_station = forms.ModelMultipleChoiceField(queryset=Vdl.objects.all())  

views.py

from django.shortcuts import render
from .forms import VdlSelectStationsForm, VdlSelectSensorsForm
from formtools.wizard.views import SessionWizardView, CookieWizardView
from django.forms import formset_factory

from .forms import VdlSelectSensorsFormSet
from django.contrib.auth.models import User

VdlSelectSensorsFormSet  = formset_factory(VdlSelectSensorsForm, formset=VdlSelectSensorsFormSet)

class VdlWizard(SessionWizardView):
    template_name = "vdl.html"
    form_list = [VdlSelectStationsForm, VdlSelectSensorsForm]

def get_curr_user(self, request):
        current_user = self.request.user
        print('curr: ', current_user.id)

def get_form_initial(self, step):
        initial = {}
        id_current_user = self.request.user
        id_user = id_current_user.id

if step == '1':
            first_step_data = self.storage.get_step_data('0')
            print('first_step_data: ', first_step_data, first_step_data.get('0-stations', ''))
            # first_step_data:  <MultiValueDict: {'csrfmiddlewaretoken': ['Htb8kqUBZgLpsKRxFyx6x1e9eTKiHXo0cVhS2sQB4awANoAfV2oK1NUMyR4k1sKY'], 'vdl_wizard-current_step': ['0'], '0-vdl_name': ['vdl1'], '0-stations': ['345', '1223', '123456']}> 123456

vdl_name = first_step_data['0-vdl_name']
            id_vdl_station = first_step_data.get('0-stations', '') 

return self.initial_dict.get(step, {'vdl_name': vdl_name, 'id_vdl_station': id_vdl_station})

def done(self, form_list, **kwargs):
        form_data = process_form_data(form_list)

context = {
            'form_data': form_data,
        }

return render(self.request, 'vdl.html', {'form_data': [form.cleaned_data for form in form_list],})

def process_form_data(form_list):
    form_data = [form.cleaned_data for form in form_list]

return form_data

Some hint or help?
Thanks.

See the get_form method for customizing the form for a specific step. Combine this information with what you can retrieve from either get_cleaned_data_for_step or get_all_cleaned_data to do what you’re looking to do.

@KenWhitesell Thank you for your reply. I haven’t solve the problem but yor post suggested a solution for another problem…you can see the print in my views.
It seems impossible to pass the cleaned data of the first form to the second form…I partially solved passing throught the database.
But…it seems the method get_form_initial is called 3 or 4 times and this is a know ‘bug’ (multiple `get_form_initial` calls when `condition_dict` is used · Issue #134 · jazzband/django-formtools · GitHub).
Thank you for your help.