System checks takes too much time because of netrc import

Hi everyone,

(I’me new to django, so they’re many things I don’t know, and I’m not very good in english so sorry if it’s not clear enough)

I’ve been working on a Django tempate (Skote) for the past week and recently my system checks, which are done after every update of the back-end code, takes too much time (about 5 minutes). Few days ago, it wouldn’t take more than 1 minutes and I didn’t find out what modification is responsible of this.

I used this to have details about what task was taking a long time during the cheks:

python -v manage.py check

and it appears to be the import of netrc module that take the more time, but I cannot figure why:

import 'netrc' # <_frozen_importlib_external.SourceFileLoader object at 0x0000023369065950>

I used cProfile to know what parts of the system checks, but It didn’t help me to understand what to do to solve the problem.

I’m working on a Win 11 computer, with Py 3.11. If more informations can be useful to understand, I can search for them.

Thanks for reading this and double thanks if you have an idea how to solve this.

Found the solution by myself.

I import in my views.py function that come from a python project of mine that was containing some function with executions of sleep(1). Commenting them solved the problem.