virtual environment is not activating for installing django in centOS

I am trying to install django in CentOS 7 cloud server. For that I have installed Virtual environment by using python -m venv env . And environment installed successfully, but it is not activating when I used the shell command source env/bin/activate . The name of the current virtual environment is NOT appear on the left of the prompt. So I understand virtual environment is not active. I am still unsuccessful. In CentOS do I need to use specific Shell **(eg:$BASH)** ?

The virtual environment appearing on the left of the prompt does depend on it being Bash, I believe. An easy way to tell if your environment is activated without it is by running which python and seeing what the path of the Python binary you are running is - it’ll be inside the virtualenv if it’s activated, or something like /usr/bin/python if not.

Yes, I am working from Bash shell. My code in terminal is given below

user@libserver.libsoft.in /$ python3.8 -V
Python 3.8.0

user@libserver.libsoft.in /$ which python3.8
/usr/local/bin/python3.8

#I created my_env in /home/LPython/
user@libserver.libsoft.in /$ python3.8 -m venv /home/LPython/my_env

user@libserver.libsoft.in /$ cd /home/LPython/my_env

user@libserver.libsoft.in /home/LPython/my_env$ source bin/activate
user@libserver.libsoft.in /home/LPython/my_env$
user@libserver.libsoft.in /home/LPython/my_env$ which python3.8
/usr/local/bin/python3.8

But still my virtual environment is not active. Left of the prompt is still same. Is it correct to choose the directory /home/LPython/

That’s very odd - I don’t know what the problem is, there, but it’s clearly not working. Everything you have written appears to be correct, but I don’t know why the virtualenv didn’t activate.

This problem is solved. Actually I was not using BASH shell , even if the echo $SHELL outputs bin/bash . Because of this output, I thought i was using using BASH shell. Then I login through SSH . If you are using Windows must login through PUTTY . Then I could activate my virtual environment through source my_env/bin/activate.
Thank you for the support.