Django Check SEO

Hello, this is my first post on this forum!

A few months ago, my company gave me the mission to create a seo checker for django, to help our customers to optimize their web pages.

It is in this context that I created Django Check SEO, an open-source project allowing to check the SEO of web pages.

logo-small

It integrates automatically with django-cms, but if you don’t use it, you just have to go to domain.ext/django-check-seo/?page=/page/ to check the SEO of the domain.ext/page/ page.

It performs a whole range of tests, from the existence of important tags (h1, description) to the availability of alt text on images.

The project have a looong readme with a lots of information in it, but the interesting parts are Installation, Config and Select main content.

I created a short article on dev.to (here’s the link), and another one on my personal website (in french, link), which explain a few more things.

(click on the image for a bigger version)

Could you give me some feedback on this project? Do you find it useful?

Thank you for reading this post :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing this. I may use it to test a project I’m working on. Will post feedback if I do.

What SEO best practices did you consult for creating what would be limited for?

1 Like

Thank you, I would love to read a comment about your experience with this module :slight_smile:
My company has been creating websites since the early 2010’s, and they have saved a lot of information over time about SEO. I’ve checked these notes, the Google webmaster and Bing webmaster tips pages for recent information.
I also consulted studies created by SEO sites (semrush, moz), and I even created a small document where I put all my (proven) findings :