WordPress Integration of Django and Django SEO impact

Hi There, We are completely new to Django, as well as, fascinated by the concept thereof of focusing on quality coding instead of the quantity of the coding. Is there any possibility that anyone in the Django Forum would be kind enough as to tell us how long it takes setting up a Django Project, what the benefit would be integrating a Django Project with a existing WordPress installation and most importantly what the level of SEO difficulty would be in terms of having the ability to getting HB IT Solutions’, clients to rank on top in SERP’s? We need to know this before we would be able to using Django with some of our Web Designing projects? Any advice from a professional would be very much appreciated. Thanking you in regards.

Django is something completely different than WordPress - it “targets a different market” if you will. One typically picks WordPress when they want to stand up a web site. One could pick Django if they wanted to build something like WordPress.

The amount of time required to build a site using Django depends upon the knowledge and expertise of the people involved and the specific requirements for that site. No reasonable estimate is possible without that context. I have built “production” Django web sites in one day, and I’ve been working on another for about three years.

What sort of integration are you envisioning?

To be clear, Django is a developer’s tool. You do need to have (or develop) programming skills to effectively use it.

Thanks Ken, I have heard that all Django Web Development projects normally has a robust design, it has the ability of quick development of software, that there is great tutorials, and that it has a large community with readymade solutions. We are considering on moving towards Django due to the part that it’s quite a short learning curve but i would really like to know how difficult the SEO part would be in comparison to the WordPress Platform as well. Is there anyway you might be able to tell me what ready made solutions Django has to offer as well perhaps? Thanks a lot and much appreciated.

Ok, before I can target an answer to your questions, I need to know your level of technical expertise.

The Web application space is huge, and it’s a tremendous mistake to try to lump it all into one category. No one platform does everything well.

One of the reasons there are so many different frameworks and content management systems is that they work well in different Use Cases.

There are projects I work on using Drupal that I would never attempt with Django - and vice versa.

But pretty much everything is relative, and understanding requirements, budget, timetable, and resources is key.

Unfortunately, your response comes across as being very generic and looking for a “one size fits all” answer. If I’m reading this wrong, I apologize.

Specifically, you wrote:

Compared to what? For what purpose?

Large compared to what? Solutions for what purpose?

Compared to what? For learning to do what?

To do what?

Well I came across this article before having posted that first post, and that was why my interest was peaked.

https://www.tech9logy.com/our-blog/benefits-of-django-/

Does Django Handle larger databases better compared to WordPress?

Which type of Ready Made Solutions are there, as we get clients ranging from the person who has opened his online store, to larger companies etc.

And I completely understand the part where some platforms works better for some situations, and normally its quite easy to find answers, but in this case finding out whether or not The SEO would be just as easy, difficult, or perhaps much harder in comparison to the WordPress platform remains a mystery, so in your opinion would you perhaps be able to tell me what your thoughts are if possible?

Thanks

Thanks for the reference to the article. (Long on rhetoric and short on information.)

“All generalizations are False, including this one” - attributed to Mark Twain.

“Handling larger databases” is an issue of the database engine, schema, table design, indexes, etc. Outside of some specific context, that’s a question without a valid answer.

Beyond that, you’re still comparing apples and pumpkins. Django and WordPress generally have different target audiences and provide fundamentally different functions.

Finally, I can’t address anything regarding SEO, as it has never been a concern of mine. I don’t serve an audience that cares about that.

In essence here, you’re asking the wrong questions. It’s not an issue of “Is Django better or worse than WordPress?” The better question becomes, “Do I have a client whose needs are better satisfied using Django?” And that can only be answered by really understanding what objectives your clients are looking to achieve, and picking the best solutions in those cases.