Django "not recognized as external or internal command"

Hi Good day to all,
I would like someone can redirect me on how to use django. I am new at Django and hopefully you could teach me and advice me on how to do things…
I’m trying to do the django tutorial (Writing your first Django app, part 1 | Django documentation | Django)
upon following the instructions I got this error message
“‘django-admin’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.”
I’m using Windows 10 OS., I also try the following this site-

1. command "django-admin.py startproject mysite" not recognized - Stack Overflow
    and is not working on my side…

Start with: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/howto/windows/

That stackoverflow question (and answers) are seriously out-of-date. That’s something you need to be aware of whenever looking at answers - if the answer predates the current versions of whatever software you’re looking at, it’s possibly wrong. And for something evolving as steadily as Python and Django, it’s likely to be dangerously wrong.

Ken

2 Likes

Hi sir KenWhitesell,
Thank you very much for the information.
Now I’m able to follow the django tutorial
Thank a lot :smile:

Hello @KenWhitesell ,
I reviewed and I have the installed django. When I try “pip install Django” I receive a bunch of “Requirement already satisfied” but once I try anything with “django-admin” I received the error above. Any other ideas?

Assuming:

Then you may want to just check to see where the django-admin file is within your virtual environment and verify that those paths are in your PATH environment variable. At that point, it isn’t a Django issue, it’s a general Windows configuration / path issue.

2 Likes

django-admin = ну, не пашет на w10 ()…
как = выход - Sublime Text 3 и Sublime-Django-Starter
или - им подобное

то, что в системе настроено на файлы (.py) = то и будет с (django-admin) = работать… и , оставите в покое (переменные PATH)