django version

hi.
i have installed python on win xp.
now after import command to django seem not work because -version command not return its version.should
django and python version be proportion and match.

To answer your last questions first, no, there is no direct relationship between the version numbers for Python and Django. The release notes for each version of Django (e.g. 2.2, 3.0, 3.1, etc) list what versions of Python are supported. For example, Django 2.2 supports Python 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 (as of 2.2.8), and 3.9 (as of 2.2.17)..

(Note: If you’re running WinXP, the highest supported version of Python appears to be 3.4. The newest version of Django that supports 3.4 is Django 2.0. If you’re running Python 2, the newest Django version supported is 1.11. These are ok if you’re only interested in basically learning about Django, but none of these platforms should be considered usable for production use.)

For more specific assistance, you’ll need to provide more information.

You mentioned you installed Python. Which version of python did you install?

How did you install Django?

What command(s) did you run to test this? (Copy/paste the exact command, do not summarize)

What is the output you received? (Again, copy/paste the complete output.)

1 Like

well.first i unziped django-main to a drive c:
next in cmd i typed these commands.

import django
print(django.get_version())
of course i had installed python with msi.
but it did not return version .

python version is 3.3 5rc1
output is attched here

That’s not how you install and run Django.

For installation instructions, see Quick install guide | Django documentation | Django.

Then. start with the Official Django Tutorial and work your way forward from there.

To get the most out of it, you need to work your way through the entire process - and that includes typing all the examples and code fragments.

2 Likes

thanks for your help and time.