_id ObjectId

Greetings,
i would like to ask if this field will be 100% consistent even if i restore from the backup and let reindex the whole DB.

Or if i need to make some relations without embedding i should use additional incremental id.

Thank you

The precise answers to your questions may depend upon which database you’re talking about and how you do your backups & restores.

What do you mean by

?

Omg sorry, mongodb :heart:

Now i see, its a wrong forum :smiley: :heart: sorry

True, but I can tell you that one of the significant limitations of any of the common NoSQL databases is the inability to create relationships between tables. (It’s that limitation that caused us to abandon any use of a NoSQL database aside from one specific data-collection application.)

Well i am coming from MSSQL2008->MYSQL->?
And i know when i need to ad some fileds i am going crazy. So i want to try Nosql.
I know about the relationships, but i can program it by myself. I am not planing to have 1000 users simultanuasly so it should handle all the calls with 5000 connection limit on mongodb.
For now i am strugling with this
https://python.plainenglish.io/3-ways-to-connect-django-with-mongodb-c2150bf84091
what connect to choose from. Will make another post :smiley:

What dbs are you using mainly?
Because i had few times problems to even install mysql.
Like some password hashes storage, unable to connect remotely etc…At the end i figuure it out, but mongodb seems very easy to install and move around/backup and desn’t need 2GB minimum RAM. But i read now that it might be a problem in the future as django will be fully utilised with relational db :-/ i’m stuck…
For example what is mongodb advantage is when there is no data for something lets say no email, the filed is just not used. in relational there is an empty filed in row taking just empty space

Our bigger projects all use PostgreSQL, the smaller projects use either Sqlite or PostgreSQL.

Actually, that’s not an accurate statement. A nullable field has a 1-bit indicator showing whether or not there’s data in that field. If the field is null, no additional space it used.
Also, if you design your database schema correctly, the number of columns you have containing a significant percentage of null values will be minimized.

I see what you did there. As i have more than 0 experience with mysql i will try it and think about your words.For now i’m scared of postgresql.
Thank you :heart:

So you are doing manage.py migrate all the time right?
And also sql injection i wanted to avoid with the mongo :-/

Yes, we use migrations to manage our schema changes.

SQL injection is possible anytime you incorrectly incorporate user input into your queries. NoSQL databases are not immune to that. (You can create a poorly-implemented query in both relational and non-relational databases.)

1 Like

Got it, Thank you for your time