kepi - an ActivityPub server

I’ve been working for about a year on an ActivityPub server called kepi. As implemented, it works as a microblogging system, but eventually I want to separate the generally useful bits off into separate modules. My hope is that it can be used to add ActivityPub capabilities to many other Django systems.

ActivityPub is the system used by Mastodon and other “fediverse” to federate social media posts. The idea is that other users on other servers can not only see when you post things, as with Atom, but also interact with them: "like"ing, sharing, replying, and so on.

I would really appreciate some help with code review, and collaboration on bugfixing. I’m building a demo site but there’s still work to do before it’s generally usable.

kepi also speaks Mastodon’s own protocol, so that it can be used with Mastodon apps.

(The project was previously known as chapeau, and that name appears in some URLs.)

Source here.

3 Likes

Looks very cool! I’m definitely interested to see where this project goes

1 Like

Hi @marnanel I have developed a Simple LMS webapp in django GitHub - navitux/workshops_project: Workshops is an open source, simple, dead-lightweight LMS (Learning Management System) application programmed in Python (version 3.8.x) with Django (version 2.2.x) web framework which main purpose is to make a standarized way to share knowledge via courses in a slide-based view in browser powered by remark javascript library, easy to create, edit, delete and show your courses using simple markdown and html if necessary. Inspired on an old project in my social labours to help share knowledge in an easy way. recently and I’m thinking on new improvements, one of them is to connect with ActivityPub protocol and share courses as a “toot” (Mastodon), like them and so on and I didn’t found a solution for that until now: it’s awesome, send me an email if you’re thinking on improvements or new ideas.

Hi @marnanel !

I am Jonas, developer of the TiBillet project.
We are looking to implement activitypub in our tool.
We work with Django, maybe we can help each other ?
Do not hesitate to contact us !

Jonas.